Pecan Meringue Pie Recipe
My good friend sent me this recipe and when I made it, it was every bit as delicious as she said! I love making it for Thanksgiving.—Anne Powers, Munford, Alabama
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional chopped pecans
- 1. Place egg whites in a bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Add cream of tartar to whites; beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in vanilla, cracker crumbs and pecans.
- 3. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake until lightly browned, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. For topping, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over meringue; if desired, sprinkle with additional pecans. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 373 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Meringue Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC