Pecan Meringue Pie Recipe
My good friend sent me this recipe and when I made it, it was every bit as delicious as she said! I love making it for Thanksgiving.—Anne Powers, Munford, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in the vanilla, cracker crumbs and pecans.
- 2. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over cooled meringue shell. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece equals 373 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC