- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in the vanilla, cracker crumbs and pecans.
- Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over cooled meringue shell. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Meringue Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p136
Reviews for Pecan Meringue Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review