Pecan Meltaways Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll into 1-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Roll warm cookies in additional confectioners' sugar; cool completely on wire racks. Roll cooled cookies again in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Meltaways(9)
Sort By :
Make these every year. I have no trouble rolling them and I follow this recipe exactly. Absolutely wonderful cookie.
Didn't quite get 4 dozen, but I never get as many cookies as a recipe specifies. They certainly melt in your mouth and I was surprised at how few ingredients there are in these. I'll be making these around the holidays for sure.
I haven't made this recipe, but I have one almost identical that I have been making for 40 years. My recipe calls for 2 cups flour instead of 2 1/4 and 3/4 cup shortening and 1/4 cup butter. Mine also calls for 1 teaspoon almond extract. The dough is dry, but I've never had trouble rolling them. They are not supposed to be a sweet cookie.
Love this recipe, its so much better than store bought Wedding Cake cookies that I usually get around Christmas time. I make these all year round.
Perfection every time! Always a hit at the Holidays!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >