Pecan Meltaways Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll into 1-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Roll warm cookies in additional confectioners' sugar; cool completely on wire racks. Roll cooled cookies again in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Meltaways
Sort By :
"Yummy, yum, yum!!"
"I just made these a couple days ago. I followed the recipe exactly as written and they turned out great! I was concerned that the dough was too dry and crumbly to roll, but I just dusted my hands with some powdered sugar and used a small cookie scoop to help me form the balls. I did find that it was easier to use the scoop while the dough was at room temperature instead of chilling it in the fridge first. Even a couple days later they are still being enjoyed by my friends and family!"
"I have made these for Christmas for several years and everyone just loves them. They are so easy to make and so easy to eat!!! Great recipe!"
"Make these every year. I have no trouble rolling them and I follow this recipe exactly. Absolutely wonderful cookie."
"Didn't quite get 4 dozen, but I never get as many cookies as a recipe specifies. They certainly melt in your mouth and I was surprised at how few ingredients there are in these. I'll be making these around the holidays for sure."