Pecan-Mandarin Tossed Salad Recipe
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bunches romaine, torn
- 3 cups seedless red grapes
- 2 cups mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large heavy skillet, melt butter. Add pecans and cook over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, grapes, oranges, celery and green onions.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad. Add pecans; toss to coat. Yield: 22 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Pecan-Mandarin Tossed Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p58
Reviews for Pecan-Mandarin Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review