Pecan Mandarin Salad
Pecans and canned mandarin oranges give this salad the color, crunch and sweetness needed to convince the children to eat their greens. Our young son, Cole, has more than enough energy to shake up the refreshing dressing for me.Patricia Richrdson, Verona, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2-1/2 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the romaine, oranges, cucumber and pecans. In a
- jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the milk, sugar, vinegar and
- pepper; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 150 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.