Pecan Macadamia Pie Recipe
It's bound to be a blue-ribbon Christmas when I serve this rich, nutty pie— it was a prize-winner at our county fair. Even my husband, who can take or leave sweets, can't resist it!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add cold water, tossing with a fork until dough begins to cling together. Form into a ball.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 10-in. circle. Place in a 9-in. pie plate and set aside. For filling, beat eggs until blended but not frothy. Add the sugar, flour, salt and corn syrup until well blended. Add butter and vanilla just until blended. Stir in nuts.
- 3. Pour into crust. Place in a 350° oven and immediately reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 422 calories, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC