- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add cold water, tossing with a fork until dough begins to cling together. Form into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 10-in. circle. Place in a 9-in. pie plate and set aside. For filling, beat eggs until blended but not frothy. Add the sugar, flour, salt and corn syrup until well blended. Add butter and vanilla just until blended. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into crust. Place in a 350° oven and immediately reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Macadamia Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p40
Reviews for Pecan Macadamia Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2011
"This was pretty darn tasty. The nuts had a great toasted flavor. I served it with Almond whipped cream to enhance the nutty taste."