"This is a favorite snack for me and my 10-year-old great-grandson," reports Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. "It has a hearty pecan taste without being too sweet. Their cool, soft texture makes the logs a nice alternative to cookies, and they slice nicely."
50 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 3-3/4 cups finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 can (12 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Divide in half; shape each
- into a 9-in. log. Tightly wrap each log in plastic wrap. Chill well.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 50
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 113 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.