Pecan Lemon Loaf Recipe
A pretty glaze gives this tender, nutty bread a extra boost of lemony flavor. "I make it at least once a week. For variety, I substitute grated orange peel and orange juice for the lemons. —Laura Comitz, Enoa, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans and lemon peel.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine lemon juice and remaining sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over warm bread. Cool completely on a wire rack before removing from pan. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice equals 264 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC