Pecan Lemon Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine lemon juice and remaining sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over warm bread. Cool completely on a wire rack before removing from pan. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Pecan Lemon Loaf(10)
Sort By :
Very tasty and I used almonds instead of Pecans. It was the only nuts I had on hand but will try pecans next time.I also used 1/2 the sugar and the taste was still there.
This was a great recipe. I shared it with my parents and they loved it, too. I baked it according to the directions and it was just right. Will definitely make again. Can't go wrong with pecans and lemon!
This was a pretty good recipe. I added walnuts instead of pecans, since that is what I had on hand. I added more zest than called for and wished I had added even more for a stronger lemon flavor. I also changed the glaze to fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar....overall a very yummy bread.
niest-you've probably learned how to toast nuts by now. For anyone else, I spread on a jellyroll pan and bake at 300 F. for 7-10 min. But watch closely so they don't scorch. Check out this website, if you like http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/how-to-toast-nuts-tutorial/
blueberriess would be a nice addition!