Pecan Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Cut dough into 1/2-in. slices; press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans; press firmly into crust. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the corn syrup, lemon juice, egg, butter and lemon peel. Combine the sugar, flour and remaining pecans; stir into lemon mixture until blended. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 to 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 133 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Pecan Lemon Bars
"I like these because they're a bit different. Yummy!~ Theresa"
"I will use gluten free flour but the recipes sounds great. I plan to make tomorrow for Sunday nite church."
"I was a little disappointed with the bars, but my husband and others in our small group really liked them. I used a combination of pecans and walnuts, which tasted good. The recipe said to use an ungreased pan, but I think using a light spritz of cooking spray would help get them out of the pan more easily."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.