Pecan Kringle Sticks Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Place flour in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in sour cream. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in pecans.
- Divide dough into four portions. Roll one portion into a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread a fourth of the egg white mixture lengthwise down the center. Fold in sides of pastry to meet in the center; pinch seam to seal. Repeat.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over warm pastries. Yield: 4 kringles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Pecan Kringle Sticks(13)
Sort By :
First time making a Kringle & followed the recipe to a T. Easy to make, dough is excellent to work with. Delicious, would not change a thing.
I thought there was never going to be enough filling, and the dough tasted nasty to me because I do not like sour cream. Wow - the finished bars are perfect and the flakiest dough I've ever made from scratch. Forget "drizzling" icing. I just spread it all on and it made them glossy and yummy.
Next time I try this, I am going to cut down a little bit on the butter. Very good!
This Recipe is fairly easy and the dough come out easy to roll and very flaky. The whipped egg whites looked weird, but tasted good. To fix the opening up problem others had....after rolling out the dough, spread filling down the middle and then make slanted cuts on each side \\ // like so, then starting from the bottom, alternate folding upwards to create a braided look. Fold the ends under. This seemed to "seal" it enough for mine and made the kringles beautiful. Gave them away at Christmas and New years! Everyone raved.
I haven't made this recipe yet, but I tasted it at a church function and it was so good I had to track down the woman who made it so I could get the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Pastry Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >