Pecan Kringle Sticks Recipe
"My family loves this Kringle's flakiness and that it's not too sweet; it just melts in your mouth. It makes a beautiful presentation on a cookie platter, cut on an angle along with other holiday sweets." –Connie Vjestica, Brookfield, Illinois
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. Place flour in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in sour cream. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg white and vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in pecans.
- 3. Divide dough into four portions. Roll one portion into a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread a fourth of the egg white mixture lengthwise down the center. Fold in sides of pastry to meet in the center; pinch seam to seal. Repeat.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over warm pastries. Yield: 4 kringles (6 servings each).
1 serving equals 201 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC