These lighter-than-air treats shared by Norlene Razak of Kyle, Texas, make for a sweet snack kids of all ages will love.
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla, vinegar and salt on
- medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add confectioners'
- sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy
- peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch and
- lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 46 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.