These lighter-than-air treats shared by Norlene Razak of Kyle, Texas, make for a sweet snack kids of all ages will love.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla, vinegar and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Kisses in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p50
Reviews for Pecan Kisses
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review