Pecan Icebox Cookies
My best friend's grandmother frequently makes these old-fashioned cookies and was kind enough to pass the treasured family recipe on to me.
54 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add
- the eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition. Combine the
- flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add
- to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Shape into four
- 6-1/2-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 113 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium,