Pecan Green Beans
Being a teenager, my great-grandson Derek has developed his own tastes and doesn't always care for the same things I do. But this recipe is a tasty vegetable dish we both enjoy.—Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the pecans in butter for 3 minutes or
- until golden brown. Drain beans; add to skillet. Sprinkle with salt
- and pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 127 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.