Pecan Grahams Recipe
Years ago, I was eager to enter a recipe contest I'd read about," relates June Russell of Green Cove Springs, Florida. "I went to my pantry and threw together these nutty cookies. Although they didn't win, they've been a hit with my family and friends ever since!"
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 54 to 60 pecan halves
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add egg and mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in cracker crumbs and ground pecans; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Place a pecan half in the center of each cookie; press down lightly.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Grahams in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p40
Reviews for Pecan Grahams
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review