Pecan Graham Muffins
These unique muffins have a little heavier texture than other varieties, making them perfect for cool days. Although they were skeptical at first, my family now says these are their favorite muffins.
Kim Franzen, San Bernardino, California
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl,
- beat the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fold in pecans. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups
- two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
- clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.