- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 48 pecan halves
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. For filling, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, eggs and butter.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Spoon filling into cups; top each with a pecan half.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Goody Cups
Sort By :
"I've been making these for many yrs..our family calls them pecan tassies & its a traditional Xmas cookie in our home. Vanilla is a must for filling ! I have had times when the tarts have stuck but I lightly spray my pans & it works great ! If u haven't tried these try them with an open mind because they can be addicting!"
"I am mystified by the negative comments! I have been making these, aka Pecan Dainties, since 1968. My recipe makes more filling (2.25 C packed brown sugar, 4 eggs, 3 T butter, melted, AND 1 T vanilla extract), and calls for finely chopped pecans rather than one whole pecan. I sprinkle a teaspoon of chopped pecans (or walnuts) in the bottom of each FROZEN cup, then fill each cup 3/4 full with filling, and top with another teaspoon or so of chopped nuts. I allow the dainties to cool completely in the pan, which helps with the removal issue mentioned by some. If the filling has overflowed onto the top of the pan, gently run a sharp knife under the cooked filling, and then in between the dainty and the pan. Properly cooked, the crust will be golden brown, the filling delightfully caramelized, and after a day, many will be yummy chewy. Please don't let the negative remarks scare you away from these. If making for the first time, it might be beneficial to make some with the whole nut, and some with the chopped nuts; then decide which appeals to you the most."
"Great it is yummy"
"I have made these little cups of happiness every year since the recipe came out. Everyone loves them, I do add a teaspoon of Vanilla Extract to the recipe it gives them that little bit of extra flavor"
"I made these in place of a pecan pie. The pecan pie lovers in the family loved them. Easy to make and handy to eat. The family fought over the leftovers."