Pecan Fudge Recipe
My mother gave me this creamy fudge recipe— it's the best! I enjoy making several batches every Christmas.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 30 caramels, quartered
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the first three ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234°, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and caramels until melted. Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Chill until firm. Cut into squares. Yield: about 4 pounds.
1 serving (1 each) equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC