My mother gave me this creamy fudge recipe— it's the best! I enjoy making several batches every Christmas.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 30 caramels, quartered
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the first three ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234°, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and caramels until melted. Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Chill until firm. Cut into squares. Yield: about 4 pounds.
Originally published as Pecan Fudge in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p34
Reviews for Pecan Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2012
"Easy.I did not have any marshmallow cream so I subbed 2 cups mini marshmallows. I did not have any caramels so just eliminated. Turned out good."