Pecan Fudge Pie
This fudgy pie is the perfect showcase for crunchy pecans. It's a special chocolaty twist on traditional pecan pie. It slices beautifully, and one slice goes a long way. Top it with whipped cream and you won't wait long for compliments!
-Jacquelyn Smith, Soperton, Georgia
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until smooth. Stir
- in nuts; pour into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or
- until set. Cool completely. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 512 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.