- 1-1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until smooth. Stir in nuts; pour into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Pecan Fudge Pie
"This pie is great and easy - the perfect combination! It IS mighty rich, but my children love it! I add slightly sweetened whipped cream."
"I made this pie two years ago and my family loved the chocolaty taste. I did add 1/4 cup baking cocoa and flour, (I do not like rich Pies) this was not to rich at all. I still give it 5 stars."
"Although 2 of my kids like this, the only reason I won't make this again is because I would rather make a pecan pie that is more traditional. It was good, but a little too chocolaty for me. It really stuck on the fork."
"As a hubby request I looked for a chocolate pecan pie. Found this one but his reply not sweet enough."
"Very easy to make, delicious. G'kids loved it! Rich but not too sweet."
"Extra rich and super fudgey! Good warmed or cold with whipped cream."