Pecan Fruit Salad Recipe
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup canned sliced beets, drained
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, oranges, pineapple, beets, banana and lemon juice. Let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the mayonnaise, milk and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- 2. Drain fruit mixture; spoon onto lettuce-lined plates. Sprinkle with sugar and pecans. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 228 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Fruit Salad
"I made this with fresh fruit & veg, and with a balsamic vinegar dressing. So OK, I didn't quite follow the recipe, but it was delicious ! And healthy. What more can you ask for? Looks? It looked very pretty too!"