Pecan Fruit Salad
This is a very colorful dish for the holidays and a change from jello salads. Peanuts also works well in this salad instead of pecans.Stephen Allen, Leland, North Carolina
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup canned sliced beets, drained
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, oranges, pineapple, beets,
- banana and lemon juice. Let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for
- dressing, combine the mayonnaise, milk and brown sugar in a small
- Drain fruit mixture; spoon onto lettuce-lined plates. Sprinkle with
- sugar and pecans. Serve with dressing.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 228 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium,