This is a very colorful dish for the holidays and a change from jello salads. Peanuts also works well in this salad instead of pecans.—Stephen Allen, Leland, North Carolina
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Peaches
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup canned sliced beets, drained
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, oranges, pineapple, beets, banana and lemon juice. Let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the mayonnaise, milk and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Drain fruit mixture; spoon onto lettuce-lined plates. Sprinkle with sugar and pecans. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Fruit Salad in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p31
Reviews for Pecan Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2012
"I made this with fresh fruit & veg, and with a balsamic vinegar dressing. So OK, I didn't quite follow the recipe, but it was delicious ! And healthy. What more can you ask for? Looks? It looked very pretty too!"