Pecan Fruit Salad Recipe
This is a very colorful dish for the holidays and a change from jello salads. Peanuts also works well in this salad instead of pecans.Stephen Allen, Leland, North Carolina
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup canned sliced beets, drained
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, oranges, pineapple, beets, banana and lemon juice. Let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the mayonnaise, milk and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Drain fruit mixture; spoon onto lettuce-lined plates. Sprinkle with sugar and pecans. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Fruit Salad in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p31
Reviews for Pecan Fruit Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2012
I made this with fresh fruit & veg, and with a balsamic vinegar dressing. So OK, I didn't quite follow the recipe, but it was delicious ! And healthy. What more can you ask for? Looks? It looked very pretty too!