Pecan French Toast
Make-ahead convenience is a bonus with this yummy brunch dish, says Summerfield, North Carolina’s Cindy Fish. “It couldn’t be easier but tastes like you really fussed!“
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup;
- cook over medium heat until thickened, about 3 minutes. Pour into an
- ungreased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with pecans. Top with
- bread. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and salt; pour over
- bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 577 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 249 mg cholesterol, 666 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.