Pecan French Toast Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; cook over medium heat until thickened, about 3 minutes. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with pecans. Top with bread. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and salt; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 2 servings.
2 slice: 577 calories, 30g fat (11g saturated fat), 249mg cholesterol, 666mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein .
Reviews for Pecan French Toast
"I've been making this since the Spring 2006 Cooking for 2 published it! It is absolutely fabulous! My husband loves it, especially when I add dried Michigan cheries to it! So simple, and by preparing the night before, it's nice for a Sunday morning before church!"
"Yummy Yummy Yummy"
"very good, but had a sweet custart taste from the egg mixture that wasn't absorped by the bread. Next time, I will use day old bread."