Make-ahead convenience is a bonus with this yummy brunch dish, says Summerfield, North Carolina’s Cindy Fish. “It couldn’t be easier but tastes like you really fussed!“
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; cook over medium heat until thickened, about 3 minutes. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with pecans. Top with bread. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and salt; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pecan French Toast in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p7
Reviews for Pecan French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review