- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Maple syrup
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Place bread in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; pour egg mixture over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning slices once.
- Pour butter into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; top with bread. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pecan French Toast(5)
Sort By :
I used homemade cinnamon raisen bread
I even did it the morning of- did not leave overnight, and with just regular sliced bread. It was very tasty! I only used half that amount of nutmeg, and then added some cinnamon.
This is so delicious. My sister made it for me for my birthday breakfast one year and added sliced bananas after it was all done.
Pecan french toast is one my family simply loves and one we'll be making any time we can. It's a keeper and one I'm putting in my recipe box.