I love to cook and was well-taught by my mother, who always made cute confections for Christmas. These candies are a holiday tradition in my home. It seems I can never make enough, so it's a good thing they're simple to assemble.
45 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- About 180 pecan halves, toasted (about 3/4 pound)
- In a bowl, stir the butter, corn syrup and salt with a wooden spoon
- until smooth. Add 1 cup sugar; stir until completely blended.
- Gradually add remaining sugar, stirring until completely blended.
- Dust work surface with additional sugar. Knead dough until smooth,
- about 5 minutes. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. Place each ball between
- two pecan halves; gently press together. Place on waxed paper-lined
- baking sheets. Cover and chill for 3 hours or until set. Keep
- refrigerated until serving (candies will be soft). Yield: about
- 7-1/2 dozen.