Even people who think they don't like fish gobble up this dish. It's wonderful.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, pecans, wheat germ, thyme,
- garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place half of the
- butter in another shallow dish. Dip fillet in butter, then coat with
- bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 425° for
- 13-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with
- remaining butter. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with 1 tablespoon butter) equals 189 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 532 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat,