- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, pecans, wheat germ, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place half of the butter in another shallow dish. Dip fillet in butter, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with remaining butter. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pecan Fish
Sort By :
This was very good and easy. Let the fish get to room temp so it does not solidfy the butter when you dip it.
This recipe was easy to prepare and good. I would make this again.