- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, pecans, wheat germ, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place half of the butter in another shallow dish. Dip fillet in butter, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with remaining butter. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Fish in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p218
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pecan Fish(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review