- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- PECAN FILLING:
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 large egg whites
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in maple syrup and egg yolks. Beat in flour. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine butter, maple syrup and confectioners' sugar. Cook over medium heat until mixture reaches a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; fold in pecans. Cool slightly; refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, whisk egg whites. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Press a 1-inch wide indentation in the center of each ball, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Dip in egg whites; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 6 minutes. Press 1 rounded teaspoon pecan filling into center of each cookie. Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan-Filled Maple Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p76
Reviews for Pecan-Filled Maple Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review