- elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to
- grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about
- 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Roll each portion into a 16-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Combine
- filling ingredients; spread over dough to within 1 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets; pinch ends together to
- form a ring. With kitchen scissors, cut from the outside edge
- two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals.
- Separate strips slightly and twist to allow filling to show. Cover
- and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks; cool for 20 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients;
- drizzle over warm rings. Yield: 2 rings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 195 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.