Pecan Double-Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 353 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Pecan Double-Chip Cookies
"These cookies are fantastic! I made them smaller and got 5 dozen but didn't adjust it any other way. My son LOVED them! I will definitely make these again!"
"I prepared this recipe fir the first time today, 12/15/13! I used my new Taste of Home Christmas recipe book & I made some adjustments to this recipe: I used 3/4 cup each packed brown sugar and white sugar and I used 1 tsp. salt. I greased baking sheets as it's easier for me to remove the cookies from greased baking sheets and I baked 10 minutes! I dropped by teaspoonfuls on purpose to stretch the dough & I used a combination of Nestle's chocolate/peanut-butter chips from the store! I omitted the pecans-I usually do not add any nuts to my cookies in the event there are people who either do not like nuts or are allergic to nuts! I did used the specified amount of toffee bits (Heath Bar) & flaked coconut and white baking chips. I sampled one of the cookies and they are delicious! I found that this recipe made 5 dozen cookies! Thank you for sharing this recipe! I'll turn to this recipe when I want to prepare Chips Galore Cookies! delowenstein"
"Cookies puffed up nicely. I used up some things in my pantry, mini chips, milk choc chips and coconut. Delicious."
"I didn't add the nuts but only because my grandson was visiting and he didn't want nuts in the cookies. Next time I would definitely add them as well. Excellent cookie."
"This is an excellent recipe. I didn't make them as large as the original recipe called for. I wanted a smaller cookie so I dropped them by rounded teaspoons on the cookie sheet and baked them for 10 minutes. I also dodn"
"I have made these twice and you just throw in any kind of chips, or nuts and they are delicious. They are just packed full of flavor. DELICIOUS"