Pecan Double-Chip Cookies Recipe
I created this recipe one day when I decided to revise a family favorite. My kids loved the variation, and I've been making these cookies this way ever since.
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 353 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC