- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Double-Chip Cookies
Sort By :
I prepared this recipe fir the first time today, 12/15/13! I used my new Taste of Home Christmas recipe book & I made some adjustments to this recipe: I used 3/4 cup each packed brown sugar and white sugar and I used 1 tsp. salt. I greased baking sheets as it's easier for me to remove the cookies from greased baking sheets and I baked 10 minutes! I dropped by teaspoonfuls on purpose to stretch the dough & I used a combination of Nestle's chocolate/peanut-butter chips from the store! I omitted the pecans-I usually do not add any nuts to my cookies in the event there are people who either do not like nuts or are allergic to nuts! I did used the specified amount of toffee bits (Heath Bar) & flaked coconut and white baking chips. I sampled one of the cookies and they are delicious! I found that this recipe made 5 dozen cookies! Thank you for sharing this recipe! I'll turn to this recipe when I want to prepare Chips Galore Cookies! delowenstein
Cookies puffed up nicely. I used up some things in my pantry, mini chips, milk choc chips and coconut. Delicious.
I didn't add the nuts but only because my grandson was visiting and he didn't want nuts in the cookies. Next time I would definitely add them as well. Excellent cookie.
This is an excellent recipe. I didn't make them as large as the original recipe called for. I wanted a smaller cookie so I dropped them by rounded teaspoons on the cookie sheet and baked them for 10 minutes. I also dodn
I have made these twice and you just throw in any kind of chips, or nuts and they are delicious. They are just packed full of flavor. DELICIOUS