Pecan Divinity Recipe
The table at our Sunday school Christmas party has a spot reserved for my divinity. I love making candy and have recruited my husband to help...between nibbles.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the marshmallow creme, vanilla and pecans. Continue stirring until candy cools and begins to hold its shape when dropped from a spoon.
- 3. Quickly drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 72 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC