The table at our Sunday school Christmas party has a spot reserved for my divinity. I love making candy and have recruited my husband to help...between nibbles.
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Cook over
- medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads
- 250° (hard-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in the marshmallow creme, vanilla and
- pecans. Continue stirring until candy cools and begins to hold its
- shape when dropped from a spoon.
- Quickly drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking
- sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield:
- 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 72 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.