Pecan Divinity Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the marshmallow creme, vanilla and pecans. Continue stirring until candy cools and begins to hold its shape when dropped from a spoon.
- 3. Quickly drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 72 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Pecan Divinity
"I tried this recipe two times! It failed BOTH times! The weather was perfect and everything else was also. Paula Deen sure makes this look easy. I will not try this again!! I wasted too much time and too much sugar! I will just buy it from the candy store. Good luck!"
"Excellent way to make Divinity. I have tried numerous recipes for Divinity and they never work. This one works!"
"I'm anxious to try this-back home in OK. I made the world's best divinity, but out here inWA. it never hardens, just droopy."