A relative visiting from Oklahoma brought these and the recipe with her. Who can resist rich chewy caramel over crunchy pecans drizzled with sweet chocolate? These candies have become a holiday favorite to both make and eat!
-Linda Jonsson, Marion, Ohio
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 1 hour + cooling
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 pounds whole pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Cook over
- medium heat until all sugar is dissolved. Gradually add milk; mix
- well. Continue cooking until a candy thermometer reads 248°
- (firm-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla until blended. Fold in the
- pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased or parchment-lined
- baking sheets. Chill until firm. Loosen from paper.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Drizzle
- over each cluster. Cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 255 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium,