A relative visiting from Oklahoma brought these and the recipe with her. Who can resist rich chewy caramel over crunchy pecans drizzled with sweet chocolate? These candies have become a holiday favorite to both make and eat! -Linda Jonsson, Marion, Ohio
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 pounds whole pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Cook over medium heat until all sugar is dissolved. Gradually add milk; mix well. Continue cooking until a candy thermometer reads 248° (firm-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla until blended. Fold in the pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm. Loosen from paper.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Drizzle over each cluster. Cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Delights in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p25
Reviews for Pecan Delights
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review