Pecan-Date Cheese Ball Recipe
Says Sue Broyles of Cherokee, Texas, "This lightly sweet cheese ball is great to have on hand when we crave something creamy or if company drops by. It's even nice enough for the holidays."
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve the mustard in water; let stand for 10 minutes. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add nutmeg and mustard mixture. Stir in cheese and dates. Chill for 15 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in pecans. Chill. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups (4-inch ball).
2 tablespoons: 119 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pecan-Date Cheese Ball
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2008
"This is Wonderfully Delicious...and It Was Well Enjoyed - Thank You for Sharing This Recipe!Chef' Tami L. Conklin Hanks"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC