Pecan-Date Cheese Ball
Says Sue Broyles of Cherokee, Texas, "This lightly sweet cheese ball is great to have on hand when we crave something creamy or if company drops by. It's even nice enough for the holidays."
28 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, dissolve the mustard in water; let stand for 10
- minutes. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add nutmeg and mustard mixture. Stir in cheese and dates. Chill for
- 15 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in pecans. Chill. Serve with
- crackers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups (4-inch ball).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 119 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.