Pecan-Date Cheese Ball Recipe
Says Sue Broyles of Cherokee, Texas, "This lightly sweet cheese ball is great to have on hand when we crave something creamy or if company drops by. It's even nice enough for the holidays."
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a small bowl, dissolve the mustard in water; let stand for 10 minutes. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add nutmeg and mustard mixture. Stir in cheese and dates. Chill for 15 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in pecans. Chill. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups (4-inch ball).
Originally published as Pecan-Date Cheese Ball in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p64
Reviews for Pecan-Date Cheese Ball(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2008
This is Wonderfully Delicious...
and It Was Well Enjoyed - Thank You for Sharing This Recipe!
Chef' Tami L. Conklin Hanks
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Ball Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Nut Recipes >