Says Sue Broyles of Cherokee, Texas, "This lightly sweet cheese ball is great to have on hand when we crave something creamy or if company drops by. It's even nice enough for the holidays."
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, dissolve the mustard in water; let stand for 10 minutes. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add nutmeg and mustard mixture. Stir in cheese and dates. Chill for 15 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in pecans. Chill. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups (4-inch ball).
Originally published as Pecan-Date Cheese Ball in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p64
Reviews for Pecan-Date Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review