My husband's grandmother made these buttery cookies using a star cutter. I've never tasted a cookie quite like it, so nutty and flavorful. —Louise Reisler, Bonduel, Wisconsin
Featured In: Mom's Best Cookie Recipes
- 2 cups pecan halves (8 ounces)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- VANILLA SUGAR:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place pecans and 1/2 cup sugar in a food processor; process until pecans are finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir flour and remaining sugar into pecan mixture; cut in butter until crumbly. Transfer mixture to a clean work surface; knead gently to form a smooth dough, about 2 minutes. (Mixture will be very crumbly at first, but will come together and form a dough as it's kneaded.) Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, mix vanilla sugar ingredients until blended.
- Dip warm cookies in vanilla sugar to coat; cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Cutout Cookies in Taste of Home December 2014, p62
Reviews for Pecan Cutout Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2017
"These were amazing sugar cookies! I sprinkled them with colored sugar instead of dipping them and they turned out perfect."