- 2 cups pecan halves (8 ounces)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- VANILLA SUGAR:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place pecans and 1/2 cup sugar in a food processor; process until pecans are finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir flour and remaining sugar into pecan mixture; cut in butter until crumbly. Transfer mixture to a clean work surface; knead gently to form a smooth dough, about 2 minutes. (Mixture will be very crumbly at first, but will come together and form a dough as it's kneaded.) Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, mix vanilla sugar ingredients until blended.
- Dip warm cookies in vanilla sugar to coat; cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Cutout Cookies
"These were amazing sugar cookies! I sprinkled them with colored sugar instead of dipping them and they turned out perfect."
"I saw these in the toh magazine. I love pecans and had to try them. They turned out fantastic and easy to make! This is my new cut out cookie recipe from now on!"