Pecan-Crusted Turkey Cutlets Recipe
As this dish proves, turkey isn’t just for the holidays. In fact, this turkey favorite is just right any night of the week. Finished in 25 minutes, these cutlets are moist and tender. “Pecans make this entree extra-crisp and delightful,” Lisa says. —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup ground pecans
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, whisk the egg whites, egg, mustard, cayenne and salt. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and pecans. Coat cutlets with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook turkey in oil in batches over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked turkey equals 466 calories, 26 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC