As this dish proves, turkey isn’t just for the holidays. In fact, this turkey favorite is just right any night of the week. Finished in 25 minutes, these cutlets are moist and tender. “Pecans make this entree extra-crisp and delightful,” Lisa says. —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup ground pecans
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, whisk the egg whites, egg, mustard, cayenne and salt. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and pecans. Coat cutlets with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey in oil in batches over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Crusted Turkey Cutlets in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p26
Reviews for Pecan-Crusted Turkey Cutlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review