Pecan-Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in pecan mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in a oil for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 464 calories, 33 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.