Pecan-Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in pecan mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in a oil for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 464 calories, 33 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Pecan-Crusted Chicken
"I can only rate the chicken and not the mustard sauce. I am not a fan of mustard. I loved the pecan coating. The chicken was moist and delicious. We eat a lot of chicken and I'm always looking for new coatings. I made it for a quick lunch and served with green beans."
"Really nice flavor! Love the dipping sauce!"
"I'm sorry I can't rate this recipe as yet, but plan to. I'd like to know how to make the raspberry sauce spinmom makes??"
"This is delicious. I made the recipe as is except I halved the sauce ingredients (making a generous 1 tablespoon sauce per serving) to make it a little more weight watcher friendly. It's important to get the pecans chopped finely, tho, because those that I left too big tended to fall off during cooking. I used thinly sliced chicken breasts."
"I love this recipe and have been making it for a long time. It's also good with raspberry sauce and we switch between the two sauces for some variety."
"Yes! It is a wonderful recipe! I cooked it in the skillet on medium heat, until the chicken was not pink inside (which was around 15 minutes). I also used only 1/4 tsp of dried thyme and subsituted garlic poweder for the other 1/2 tsp. Yum yum!"
"Has anyone tried to bake this recipe? If so, at what temp and how long."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.