- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 8 frozen waffles, toasted
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and 1/2 cup syrup. In another shallow bowl, combine the pecans, bread crumbs, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil in batches for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Meanwhile, combine the mustard, vinegar and remaining syrup, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce mixture over each of four waffles; top with chicken and drizzle with remaining sauce mixture. Top with remaining waffles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Crusted Chicken Waffle Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p28
Reviews for Pecan-Crusted Chicken Waffle Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2012
"We make our own waffles for this recipe, it is very good."