Pecan-Crusted Chicken Waffle Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 8 frozen waffles, toasted
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and 1/2 cup syrup. In another shallow bowl, combine the pecans, bread crumbs, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil in batches for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Meanwhile, combine the mustard, vinegar and remaining syrup, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce mixture over each of four waffles; top with chicken and drizzle with remaining sauce mixture. Top with remaining waffles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Crusted Chicken Waffle Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p28
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pecan-Crusted Chicken Waffle Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2012
"We make our own waffles for this recipe, it is very good."