Pecan-Crusted Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place cornflakes, parsley and garlic powder in a blender; cover and pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in bread crumbs and pecans. Place milk in another shallow bowl. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; dip in milk, then roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- 2. Place on a greased baking sheet; spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake 12-16 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounces cooked chicken equals 206 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.