Pecan-Crusted Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place cornflakes, parsley, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a blender; cover and pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in bread crumbs and pecans. Place milk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- 2. Place on a greased baking sheet; spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake 12-16 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounces cooked chicken: 206 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Pecan-Crusted Chicken Nuggets
"Grandkids loved these little nuggets. I love them because they are baked, not fried. They were super dipped in BBQ, marinara, or honey mustard sauces. Will, make again."
"Outstanding! Easy and fast to make. Great with BBQ sauce."
"very tasty and not fried! I had double the amount of chicken tenders so I doubled the breading ingredients. No need, the original recipe makes plenty. Very tender and will make again!"
"These were delicious. I put them on a spinach salad with strawberries and more pecans. Then I made TOH's makeover spinach salad dressing to serve on top. Great recipe. Reheating leftovers in the toaster oven is a must. They didn't hold up too well in the microwave."