I loved chicken nuggets as a child. This baked version is healthier than the original, and it's a great meal for kids. — Haili Carroll, Valencia, California
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place cornflakes, parsley, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a blender; cover and pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in bread crumbs and pecans. Place milk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake 12-16 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Crusted Chicken Nuggets in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Reviews for Pecan-Crusted Chicken Nuggets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review