This recipe came from a church cookbook. I altered a few ingredients, and everyone who tries these crescents likes the nice, nutty flavor and texture.
108 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into crescents. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until firm. Roll warm cookies
- in confectioners’ sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 9 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 40 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.