This recipe came from a church cookbook. I altered a few ingredients, and everyone who tries these crescents likes the nice, nutty flavor and texture.
Featured In: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into crescents. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until firm. Roll warm cookies in confectioners’ sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 9 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Crescents in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p59
Reviews for Pecan Crescents
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review